Carlos Marcello and New Orleans

Moderators: vindicator, PK1

Carlos Marcello and New Orleans

Postby ElroyJenkins on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:04 pm

I'm looking for a good book on Carlos Marcello and the New Orleans crime family. I've found one book about him "Mafia Kingfish" by John Davis but it must be out of print because you can only get it used on Amazon. I've found other books that mention him but they are all mainly concerning the JFK assassination. I was hoping for a book that would cover Marcello and the N.O. family outside of the Kennedy deal. Do you guys know of anything like that? Or even a book about the JFK deal but that details the New Orleans family.

Also, is the New Orleans family still considered dead for the most part? If so it's a shame because NO has to be the most corrupt city in the U.S. If organized crime can still go on in New York and Chicago where the families are under heavy scrutiny, you would think it could thrive in a place like New Orleans.
ElroyJenkins

Re: Carlos Marcello and New Orleans

Postby Allie Shades on Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:05 pm

this is all that's left after the big bust in 1999 or 2000...
also, check half.com for a used copy of Mafia Kingfish, it's the best book about the Family.

Marcello Family Legend:
IP - In Prison UI - Under Indictment L - Life Imprisonment

Administration:
1. Boss: ????? Vacant as of 2007
Acting Boss: ?????
2. UnderBoss: ?????
Acting UnderBoss: ?????
3. Consigliere: ?????
Acting Consigliere: ?????

Capos:
1. ?????

Soldiers:
Joseph F Gagliano/52
Salvatore “Sammy” Marcello/81 (Probably inactive)
Nofio J Pecoraro Jr/58
Felix Riggio III/62

Members who Have Died Since 1998:
Anthony S Carolla (2007)
Frank J "Fat Frank" Gagliano (2006)
Anthony “Tony” Marcello (2006)
Joseph P Marcello Jr (1999)
Pascal Marcello (2001)
Vincent “Vinny” Marcello (2003)
Phillip "Phil" Rizzuto (2001)
Sebastian "Buster" Salvatore (2003)

Members Who Have Flipped:
Charles "Millionaire Charlie" Matranga/Former Boss
Allie Shades

Postby purplegangster on Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:48 pm

Elroy if you can get Kingfish its worth the read. Davis is a great writer and mob historian and also wrote a pretty good book on the Gambinos called Mafia Dynasty. you can also check Frank Ragano's book Mob Lawyer (i think). he was Marcello's attorney for a few years.
purplegangster

Postby Allie Shades on Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:36 pm

purplegangster wrote:Elroy if you can get Kingfish its worth the read. Davis is a great writer and mob historian and also wrote a pretty good book on the Gambinos called Mafia Dynasty. you can also check Frank Ragano's book Mob Lawyer (i think). he was Marcello's attorney for a few years.

ur right PG, i totally forgot about Mob Lawyer. it also has good stuff on Santo Trafficante Jr.
Allie Shades

Postby thebadguy on Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:50 pm

The New Orleans Crime Family is one of the oldest American criminal organizations in activity. It is based in New Orleans and parts of southern Louisiana in the United States. Its status today is unknown, as it has remained in the shadows. While some rumors claim that it is nearly defunct, others claim that it is one of the most powerful Families in the United States today. I have not read this book myself but looks like there's some info about N.O.'s family. (from back in the day)

Mr. New Orleans: The Life of a Big Easy Underworld Legend

http://www.mrneworleans.com/
thebadguy

Return to Rick Porrello's AmericanMafia.com Forum