Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home2/american/public_html/crimeboard/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
AmericanMafia.com Crime Board • View topic - Rizzuto Soldier/Acting Capo arrested

Rizzuto Soldier/Acting Capo arrested

Moderators: vindicator, PK1

Rizzuto Soldier/Acting Capo arrested

Postby Allie Shades on Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:14 pm

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Fou ... z0xpcTlZXF

Reputed mafia figure in court

By Paul Cherry, The Gazette August 27, 2010 3:27 PM

MONTREAL - Tony Mucci, 55, of Boucherville, reputed to be an influential figure in the Montreal Mafia, appeared before Judge Jean-Paul Braun Friday afternoon. He faces 10 charges in all, including two for allegedly being in possession of a weapon designed to repell bears.

He is also charged with being in possession of a prohibited weapon while he was inside a vehicle on Thursday.

Three of the accused, including Mucci, return to court on Tuesday for a bail hearing.

Montreal police arrested four people, three men and a woman, after an investigation by its organized crime section.

At least three of the people arrested are expected to appear in Montreal court on weapons charges.

The charges are the result of a series of search warrants carried out by the police on Thursday in Montreal, Laval and Boucherville, said a Montreal police spokesperson.

© Copyright (c) The Montreal Gazette

Rizzuto Family (Montreal, Canada) Legend:
IP - In Prison UI - Under Indictment L - Life Imprisonment

Administration:
1. Boss: Vito "The Canadian Teflon Don" Rizzuto/64 (IP/10/06/2012)
Acting Boss: Paolo Renda/70 (Missing/Kidnapped on 5/20/2010, might be dead)
2. UnderBoss: Giuseppe "Jos" DiMaulo/66 - Heads Calabrian Faction
3. Consigliere: Nicolo "Nick" Rizzuto Sr/86

Capos:
1.Nicodemo "Nick" Cotroni Jr/54 - Calabrian Faction
- Acting: Antonio "Tony" Mucci/55 (UI) (liaison to Hells Angels) (Acting Capo since Augustino Cuntrera was killed)
2.Frank Martorana/50
3.Valentino "Val" Morielli/Late 60's
4.Emanuele Ragusa/60

Soldiers:
Antony Capitanio
Antonio Caputo
Martino Caputo
Francesco Cotroni Jr/49 - Calabrian Faction
Vincenzo "Jimmy Rent-A-Gun" DeSantis/70'S
Felice Italiano
Antonio "Tony" Marabella/40's
Giuseppe "Joe" Morello
Antonio "Tony" Mucci/55 (UI) (liaison to Hells Angels) (Acting Capo)
Leonardo "Dino la Terreur" Paccione/60'S
Anthony Papalia
Roberto Papalia
Joseph "Joe" Renda
Leonardo Rizzuto/40's
Girolamo Sciortino
Antonio "Tony" Teoli/60's
Michele Torre
Domenico Tozzi
Pietro Triassi
Mariano Turrisi
Luigi Vella
Anthony "Tony" Volpato/60's - Calabrian Faction
Dario Zanetti
Benjamin Zappia

Imprisoned Members:
Francesco Arcadi (IP) - Calabrian Faction
Ennio Bruni (IP) (Might no be made yet)
Vincenzo "Jimmy" DiMaulo/71 (IP) - Calabrian Faction
Francesco Del Balso (IP)
Moreno Gallo/64 (IP/UI) (Ordered deported by Canadian authorities to Italy on 5/27/2010) - Calabrian Faction
Lorenzo Giordano (IP)
Sabatino "Sam" Nicolucci/62 (IP/L)
Vito "The Canadian Teflon Don" Rizzuto/63 (IP/10/06/2012)
Rocco Sollecito (IP) - Calabrian Faction
Giuseppe Torre (IP)

Members Who Have Died Since 1998:
Frank Cotroni Jr (2004)
Nick Cotroni (2001)
Paulo Cotroni (1998)
Agostino Cuntrera/66 (2010) (killed)
Domenico Macri (2006)
Gaetano "Guy" Panepinto (2000) (killed)
Nicolo "Nick" Rizzuto Jr (2009) (killed)
Gerlando “Georgie from Canada” Sciascia (1999) (Killed)
Liborio Sciascia/40 (2010/ killed)
Allie Shades

Re: Rizzuto Soldier/Acting Capo arrested

Postby 9192daveyc on Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:20 pm

What is Tony Mucci's relationship to the Hells Angels? And to what chapter is he the liason to? Does he speak to one chapter in Canada and the message is relayed across Canada to all the clubs up there? Nice work on that family tree thing Ally. Very detailed.
9192daveyc

Postby Allie Shades on Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:00 pm

9192daveyc wrote:What is Tony Mucci's relationship to the Hells Angels? And to what chapter is he the liason to? Does he speak to one chapter in Canada and the message is relayed across Canada to all the clubs up there? Nice work on that family tree thing Ally. Very detailed.

i am drawing a complete blank right now on the Chapter he is linked to (i wanna say Nomad, but i don't think that's right) . i just remember reading about it in an article right after Cuntrera was gunned down. from the description in the article, it sounded like the cops were trying to prevent Mucci from taking someone out, as he had a gun that was supposed to be used for Bear hunting.
the only thing missing from the list is the release dates for those who were swept up back in the big 2006 indictment. Unfortunately, Canada doesn't have a public BOP website with that info like the U.S. does.
it's really tough to get names and such of the Montreal guys, as all i have to go on are newspaper articles, and "The Sixth Family" book.
There is also a lot of good info on this website...
http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 6&start=75
Allie Shades

Postby 9192daveyc on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:21 pm

That's amazing to me that Canadian law enforcement can nail down who the liason to the Hells Angels is in the Canadian Mafia but can do nothing about it. If a known mobster walked into the New York Hells Angels clubhouse multiple factions of law enforcement would swoop on it. That would be a RICO predicat and a half. For that matter if the feds or ATF monitored known mobsters meeting with Hells Angels, suggesting that he were the liason to the HAMC as he is meeting with them on a regular basis, it would be a gold mine. The feds could draw a line between the Hells Angels and the mobs-the bread and butter of RICO. Canadian law enforcement seems pathetic.
9192daveyc

Postby Allie Shades on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:04 am

'Florist' faces weapons charges

Tony Mucci Reportedly holds sway with mob

By PAUL CHERRY, The Gazette August 28, 2010 4:02 AM

A South Shore man considered by police to hold considerable sway within the mob faces charges that indicate the organization he is alleged to be part of is collectively looking over its shoulder.

Antonio (Tony) Mucci, 56, appeared before Quebec Court Judge Jean-Paul Braun yesterday at the Montreal courthouse where he faces 10 charges related to an investigation that led to the seizure of at least three firearms.

Mucci, known in Mafia circles as "the florist" because he used to operate a flower shop in northern Montreal, was ordered held in custody for a bail hearing scheduled for Tuesday. He faces charges related to the possession of a prohibited weapon used to repel bears, a Tazer and a sawed-off rifle. The charges indicate police seized the rifle at Mucci's home in Boucherville, and the two other items in Montreal when Mucci was arrested on Thursday.

Constable Daniel Lacoursiere said the investigation was carried out by the Montreal police organized crime squad and that search warrants were carried out Thursday in Montreal, Laval and Boucherville. But Lacoursiere was unable to say what initiated the investigation, which resulted in four arrests in all.

Mucci came to notoriety in the 1970s when he was convicted of the attempted murder of then Le Devoir reporter Jean-Pierre Charbonneau. Mucci was sentenced to an eight-year prison term for shooting the reporter in 1973. Charbonneau was probing organized crime for the newspaper at the time. He later went into politics and was a Parti Quebecois MNA for 30 years before retiring in 2006.

During the Project Colisee investigation, a major investigation into organized crime that ended in 2006, Mucci was seen at the Montreal Mafia's headquarters, the Cafe Consenza, at least three times, where he met with reputed mob boss Nicolo Rizzuto Sr. During the same investigation, he was also known to have been involved in negotiations in 2003 to end a dispute over drug trafficking turf between the Hells Angels and mob-tied dealers.

In December 2007, an attempt was made on Mucci's life as he walked near a St. Leonard bar on Lacordaire Blvd. known to be a mob hangout. Someone in a stolen van fired shots in Mucci's direction but he was not injured.

Since then, police sources have told The Gazette that Mucci is known to drive in an armoured vehicle. He was present at the recent funeral for Agostino Cuntrera, a Mafia figure who was gunned down at the end of June.

Two men arrested as part of the same investigation were reportedly acting as Mucci's bodyguards. Jesse Petrocco, 21, and Carmine Serino, 41 -will also be held in custody for a bail hearing scheduled for Tuesday.

A 19-year-old woman who lives with Serino faces charges related to a handgun seized as part of the investigation.

pcherry@thegazette.canwest.com
Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Flo ... z0xtk3e55D
Allie Shades

Postby 9192daveyc on Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:21 pm

Allie Shades wrote:'Florist' faces weapons charges

Tony Mucci Reportedly holds sway with mob

By PAUL CHERRY, The Gazette August 28, 2010 4:02 AM

A South Shore man considered by police to hold considerable sway within the mob faces charges that indicate the organization he is alleged to be part of is collectively looking over its shoulder.

Antonio (Tony) Mucci, 56, appeared before Quebec Court Judge Jean-Paul Braun yesterday at the Montreal courthouse where he faces 10 charges related to an investigation that led to the seizure of at least three firearms.

I think its kind of funny they refer to him as a "florist" like in the old days when they'd bust a guy in the USA and he'd be a "cheese and wine importer", but the guy shows up to court in a suit worth more than my bike. They still have that,"Oh my God, we just figured out there's an inter-connecting group of Italian criminals here," freshness to them. And a bullshit handgun charge? I won't be surprised if this guy shakes the charge like he takes off his coat. If they were going to bust him they should have taken the time to build a case instead of nailing him with anti-bear equiptment and a couple handguns.

Mucci, known in Mafia circles as "the florist" because he used to operate a flower shop in northern Montreal, was ordered held in custody for a bail hearing scheduled for Tuesday. He faces charges related to the possession of a prohibited weapon used to repel bears, a Tazer and a sawed-off rifle. The charges indicate police seized the rifle at Mucci's home in Boucherville, and the two other items in Montreal when Mucci was arrested on Thursday.

Sawed-off rifle? Like as in a non-scatter, non-shotgun type of rifle that had a sawed off barrel? Is that what they mean? What the hell would be the point of sawing off a rifle? They should arrest him for being stupid enough to ruin a perfectly good hunting rifle. If it was a nice one, they should fine him $250,000.
Constable Daniel Lacoursiere said the investigation was carried out by the Montreal police organized crime squad and that search warrants were carried out Thursday in Montreal, Laval and Boucherville. But Lacoursiere was unable to say what initiated the investigation, which resulted in four arrests in all.

What investigation? You clowns busted a reputed mobster and his two lackey's for having anti-bear equiptment, a tazer, and a sawed off rifle. Holy shit, that must have required a lot of detective work!

Mucci came to notoriety in the 1970s when he was convicted of the attempted murder of then Le Devoir reporter Jean-Pierre Charbonneau. Mucci was sentenced to an eight-year prison term for shooting the reporter in 1973. Charbonneau was probing organized crime for the newspaper at the time. He later went into politics and was a Parti Quebecois MNA for 30 years before retiring in 2006.

During the Project Colisee investigation, a major investigation into organized crime that ended in 2006, Mucci was seen at the Montreal Mafia's headquarters, the Cafe Consenza, at least three times, where he met with reputed mob boss Nicolo Rizzuto Sr. During the same investigation, he was also known to have been involved in negotiations in 2003 to end a dispute over drug trafficking turf between the Hells Angels and mob-tied dealers.

Is that why they reffer to Mucci as the liason to the Hells Angels? Or for that matter a "high ranking Mafioso?" If so that doesn't really hold water. There are probably several people who have met with an important figure in organized crime, or who have met an important figure in organized crime, and it didn't raise their status level at all. I'm not saying that's the case with this guy, but if their basing his "liasonship" on his mediating a dispute between the 81's and the street level connected dealers, that could have been him simply intervening on behalf of the Rizzuto's to avoid heat from law enforcement, not to mention his meeting with Rizzuto Sr being used as a way to possibly blow up this guys rep in aid of Canadian law enforcement. If of course, that's the case.

In December 2007, an attempt was made on Mucci's life as he walked near a St. Leonard bar on Lacordaire Blvd. known to be a mob hangout. Someone in a stolen van fired shots in Mucci's direction but he was not injured.

Since then, police sources have told The Gazette that Mucci is known to drive in an armoured vehicle. He was present at the recent funeral for Agostino Cuntrera, a Mafia figure who was gunned down at the end of June.

Two men arrested as part of the same investigation were reportedly acting as Mucci's bodyguards. Jesse Petrocco, 21, and Carmine Serino, 41 -will also be held in custody for a bail hearing scheduled for Tuesday.

A 19-year-old woman who lives with Serino faces charges related to a handgun seized as part of the investigation.

A 19 year old chick busted with a 41 year old mob associate carrying a hand gun. Someone's going to catch shit for that one.

pcherry@thegazette.canwest.com
Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Flo ... z0xtk3e55D
9192daveyc

Postby pmac on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:35 pm

my theory is new york familys dont look at them as a family, kinda like ralph natale made himself, then crowned himself boss of philly thats strange. its like a slap in the face to all the american familys that we dont answer to new york(egos), maybe thats why they keep getting killed. most of those guys were made by bonanno's or the rizzuto's who are made american style atleast Vito, maybe not his father. Seems like they make tons of drug money up there but its really no respect if you got all these cafe's getting fire bombed and old guys getting wacked in the street its 2010 not 1970. or maybe the american mob told italy wipe them out its ok with us, there not with us. just some thoughts.
pmac

Postby 9192daveyc on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:32 pm

pmac wrote:my theory is new york familys dont look at them as a family, kinda like ralph natale made himself, then crowned himself boss of philly thats strange. its like a slap in the face to all the american familys that we dont answer to new york(egos), maybe thats why they keep getting killed. most of those guys were made by bonanno's or the rizzuto's who are made american style atleast Vito, maybe not his father. Seems like they make tons of drug money up there but its really no respect if you got all these cafe's getting fire bombed and old guys getting wacked in the street its 2010 not 1970. or maybe the american mob told italy wipe them out its ok with us, there not with us. just some thoughts.

I would be interested to know who it was coming after the Rizzuto's. Caso tossed a few thoughts out on this issue that made a little bit of sense. I don't think its anyone outside the mobs in America or the Mafia element itself in Canada, which I don't know much about at the moment. I'm sure it will come out eventually. Who knows.
9192daveyc

Postby Benny Siegel on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:55 pm

9192daveyc wrote:
pmac wrote:my theory is new york familys dont look at them as a family, kinda like ralph natale made himself, then crowned himself boss of philly thats strange. its like a slap in the face to all the american familys that we dont answer to new york(egos), maybe thats why they keep getting killed. most of those guys were made by bonanno's or the rizzuto's who are made american style atleast Vito, maybe not his father. Seems like they make tons of drug money up there but its really no respect if you got all these cafe's getting fire bombed and old guys getting wacked in the street its 2010 not 1970. or maybe the american mob told italy wipe them out its ok with us, there not with us. just some thoughts.

I would be interested to know who it was coming after the Rizzuto's. Caso tossed a few thoughts out on this issue that made a little bit of sense. I don't think its anyone outside the mobs in America or the Mafia element itself in Canada, which I don't know much about at the moment. I'm sure it will come out eventually. Who knows.

I believe Caso hinted on the Ndragheta being behind the hits and kidnappings. They are big into junk in Europe, and Canada would be just another territory added for them that would generate millions if not billions. They are huge and have way more guns and guys than the Rizzuto clan.

If it is them, kiss the Rizzuto clan goodbye. Of course unless New York steps in. But that is a big IF.
"Benny is the only guy I knew that had real ice water in them days" - Salvatore "Charlie Lucky" Luciano
Benny Siegel

Return to Rick Porrello's AmericanMafia.com Forum